As you move closer to your DUI trial, your Napa County Creek DUI law firm can explain the process that awaits you. One of the most important aspects of the case is jury selection because these individuals will ultimately have the task of deciding your fate. While every potential juror brings with him or her a certain background, personal experiences and characteristics, your Napa County Creek DUI law firm can explain that some jurors may have a bias that warrants having them removed from the jury.
One reason that your Napa County Creek DUI law firm may seek to have a juror removed from the jury pool is because he or she has strong feelings regarding abstinence from alcohol. This belief may derive from a bad personal experience, such as a person who had a loved one injured in a drinking and driving case or from a religious belief. Your Napa County DUI lawyer will attempt to flesh out these individuals during the voir dire process.
Your attorney will try to have these jurors excused by asking some of the following questions:
- Juror x, you informed the court that you do not believe in drinking and driving at all, correct?
- Would you follow this belief if you were a politician?
- Would you be angry if I argued with you on this point?
- Do you believe that nobody could persuade you that something is right if you firmly believe that it is not?
- Likewise, nobody can convince you that drinking and driving is acceptable under any circumstance?
- Would an attempt to convince you of this be harassing and intimidating?
If you would like more information on this subject, call Blackie Burak at 1-866-BLCKDUI.