What We Defend
Drunk Driving Defense
DUI Defense Lawyer Central & Northern California
I have successfully defended persons accused of DUI/DWI in almost every county in the state. Have you been arrested for DUI in central or northern California? If you answered “yes”, call me, Blackie Burak. I am a Walnut Creek DUI lawyer who focuses my practice on DUI / DWI defense. My office is located in Walnut Creek, but I serve clients throughout northern and central California. I serve clients throughout northern and central California.
Arrested for Drunk Driving? I Am Here to Help.
If you have been arrested for DUI, please contact my Walnut Creek law office online or call toll free at 1-866-BLCKDUI for a free consultation.
A Successful DUI Practice
Well-respected among judiciary, law enforcement, and fellow California DUI defense attorneys, I consistently attain a high rate of success. My reputation as an aggressive negotiator often translates into a dismissal of charges and lighter charges, sentences and fines for those accused of drunk driving. My job is to represent my clients by using all the tools at my disposal to give them the most comprehensive, fairest defense they can find. As a Walnut Creek DUI lawyer, it is my job to ensure your safety and success throughout the process.
DUI / DWI Issues
Here are some of the issues that arise when I work with my clients:
- DMV administrative hearings — Having experienced legal counsel on your side can make a huge difference.
- Preliminary alcohol screening devices — Breathalyzers and other devices, commonly used with field sobriety tests, must be properly maintained, calibrated and administered to be accurate.
- Breath test / blood alcohol test — Should you agree to take a blood or breath alcohol test? Before you decide, you should know the consequences of your decisions.
- How to prepare for trial — Careful preparation can make a huge difference.
- Driver’s license consequences — What will happen to your license if you are convicted of drunk driving? Learn how you can get your license back after a suspension or revocation.
- Immigration or military status consequences — Although a DUI conviction almost always has severe consequences, immigrants and military personnel may be affected even more negatively.
- Out of state / foreign country DUI — Have you been arrested for drunk driving while visiting another state or country?
- DUI / DWI in the California wine country — The wine country has a high police presence, due to the abundance of alcohol. You should know your rights.
- Sobriety checkpoints — A sobriety checkpoint is no more than illegal roadblock, in my opinion. Find out about your options if you have been arrested at one.
- Court procedures — Learn what to expect if you are arrested for DUI / DWI.
- Multiple offense and felony DUI — The charges are serious, but the right lawyer can help.
- Reinstating your driver’s license — We can advise you about the process for recovering your license as soon as possible.
- Steering wheel locking devices — Depending on the circumstances, we may be able to go to court to get an ignition interlock device removed.
- Probable cause issues — Were you stopped illegally? If so, I can use this to build a strong defense.
- Criminal defense overview — DUI is my primary focus, but not my only area of practice. Call me for felony or misdemeanor defense.
Contact Me – A Walnut Creek DUI Lawyer
Contact me today by calling 1-866-BLCKDUI or online to schedule a free initial consultation. Find out whether I’m the right Walnut Creek DUI Lawyer for you. Time is of the essence, so call me today.
Get your questions answered - call me for free case evaluation (925) 933-4500