The following checklist of important facts can prepare you for answering questions that you're likely to be asked upon initially consulting a Walnut Creek DUI attorney. The attorney will use this information to begin preparing a defense on your behalf.
Your DUI Arrest
- Did an officer search your car? Did he or she find anything?
- At what point were you informed that you were under arrest?
- Was a photo, videotape or audiotape made of your stop?
- Were you placed in handcuffs?
- Did the officer read you your Miranda rights?
- Did you ask for a Walnut Creek DUI attorney?
- Did you stay silent or waive your rights?
Your Health at the Time of Your Arrest
- How much sleep had you had over the prior two days?
- Had you been taking medicine recently?
- Were you dieting around that time?
- Do you suffer from inner-ear or balance issues?
- Do you have COPD, GERD or frequent heartburn?
- Do you suffer from any physical disabilities?
- Do you suffer from any mental health problems?
- Have you ever experienced a head injury?
- Do you have a blood disease, a liver disease or diabetes?
Your Breath Test
- How many breath samples did you give?
- Was your breathing interrupted by the operator at any time?
- Were you given a breath test on more than one machine?
- Did you regurgitate or burp while being observed?
- Were you required to hold your breath at all prior to blowing?
- Did you struggle to provide a sample?
- Did you post bond?
- How many officers were involved in the process?
- Can you provide any of the officers' names?
- Do you have a prior criminal history?
By being prepared to provide this information to a Walnut Creek DUI lawyer, you will be ahead of the game. Don't go without legal representation following a DUI arrest. It's crucial to retain an experienced Walnut Creek DUI attorney. Call Blackie Burak at 1-866-BLCKDUI or (925) 933-4500 now.