How Our DUI Attorney Concord CA Helps You Understand Your Case
Our DUI attorney Concord CA will provide you with information in an effort to educate you about your case. He will review a number of factors with you, including the following:
- The basic meaning of a DUI or the related offense
- The elements of the offense: This includes what the prosecution needs to prove in order to convict you. If the prosecution fails to meet the burden of proof, you might be able to win an acquittal in your case.
- What you are facing in the criminal justice system: This includes understanding a plea agreement, alternative sanctions, the components of a trial, probation terms where applicable and what a conviction means in practical terms.
Understanding the Components of a DUI
A DUI case consists of the following points:
- The types of defense and the related fines
- Alcohol education or counseling classes and if those will reduce your fines or other sanctions
- The effect on your driver’s license, specifically a suspension or revocation
- The minimum and maximum penalties permitted under the law in the event of a conviction
- Increased charges for your insurance and
- Possible civil charges in the event of an accident.
The Consequences of Perjury
Your DUI attorney Concord CA should address what will happen if you commit perjury. Perjury means that you lie while under oath. Your lawyer will encourage you to be honest if you take the stand in your own defense. In addition, he will also review the possible consequences of perjury charges, including related penalties and what he intends to do if he knows that you plan to lie while under oath.
Your DUI attorney Concord CA will also review a payment plan with you and have you sign a contract that includes the terms and conditions of payment. The paperwork will also include retainer fees, the charges for any experts who testify and an estimate of the total fees. Part of his job includes addressing these matters openly so that you have a clear understanding of the financial arrangements.
Call Our DUI attorney Concord CA
For a clear explanation of your case, contact our DUI attorney Concord CA at the Law Office of Blackie Burak. Call us at (925) 933-4500