Information Your Attorney Will Request for Your Blood or Urine Case
If you provided blood or urine during your DUI arrest, the attorney you work with at the Walnut Creek DUI law firm will request a lot of information from you regarding the process. Be prepared to provide your Walnut Creek DUI lawyer with the following information:
- The results of your sample or samples.
- Records that document accuracy checks that were performed on vials purchased from manufacturers.
- A copy of the run list, which outlines the samples and controls that were tested, and the order in which they were tested.
- Your sample’s chain of custody.
- A portion of the urine or blood sample that you provided, which is often referred to as a split.
- Notes, or bench notes, that the analyst made at the time of the analysis.
- A review of the vial in which your sample was stored.
- The checklist or instructions that were followed for the blood draw or urine sample.
- The methodology that was used by the lab when analyzing your sample.
- Three months’ worth of maintenance records for the device that was used to measure your sample.
- Records of proficiency tests performed by independent organizations, or internally, regarding the lab and analyst.
- Tests that were performed to ensure that other compounds weren’t inadvertently analyzed as ethanol.
- Chromatograms of the tests of your samples.
Contact a Walnut Creek DUI Law Firm Now
The first step in protecting your rights following a DUI arrest is to contact a Walnut Creek DUI law firm. Call Blackie Burak at 1-866-BLCKDUI or (925) 933-4500 today.